Video marketing is now an essential part of the communication mix and manufacturing companies can use video to support their brand engagement as well as communicate to existing and new customers.
Video is an effective way to share information about your manufacturing products and services. It can help personalise the relationship between the manufacturer and customer and even help educate with ‘how to’ videos when it comes to selling your products/services.
How video marketing can help your manufacturing business.
- Maintaining competitive edge – Statistically, 87% of businesses are including video in their marketing strategy.
- Creating a lasting impression – Images are processed, on average 60 000 times faster than text and they are also more easily memorised.
- Preempting market trends – Due to the rapid growth in popularity, it is predicted that by 2021, 80% of web traffic will be represented by video.
- Conversion rate – It is reported that there is an 81% conversion rate from potential consumer to client when using video marketing.
- Lead generation – On average businesses generate 66% more qualified leads annually when using video marketing.
- Increasing revenue – Video marketing has been known to achieve in excess of 50% growth in revenue annually.
We have been helping our clients do just this! Here is a sneak peek to our latest video we have just produced
Why is Video Marketing the perfect method for your manufacturing business?
- New opportunities
80% of industrial content marketers said they used video for marketing purposes as highlighted in the Content Marketing Institute’s 2018 report. Professionally produced videos are part of the top 3 content marketing strategies with 52% of industrial marketers agreeing that video was effective.
Videos are already an important part of the industrial marketing mix and are likely to be more important over time as more manufacturers learn how to effectively produce and use them.
- Keeping up with the competition
In its 2017 annual report on trends in industrial marketing, IEEE GlobalSpec Media Solutions found that 50% of manufacturing marketers spent more money on video in 2017 than they did in the previous year. Videos also ranked in the top 10 marketing channels, with 34% of all manufacturing marketers saying they utilized video in 2017.
- Product demonstrations
Often your client will need to find and obtain solutions quickly. Videos are an excellent way of relaying information. When using YouTube as a platform, it is also possible to open a dialogue through comments and reviews, avoiding laborious phone calls to numerous companies.
- Customer testimonials
Written case studies are a great way to build credibility but taking it a step further by using video as a way to a video testimonial can be a great way to break up the usual case study format, convey authenticity and be more persuasive and you can also add shots of your facility and the product in question for extra impact.
- Virtual tours
Uploading videos of factory facilities is a great window into your business operations. You will generate loyal customers by gaining trust if they can see that you are open with your processes, products and services.
- Effective communication and enhances SEO
Videos are an effective method of communication. They look more visually appealing than having large amounts of text to read. Equally important is how video affects SEO – The presence of video itself affects the most important SEO ranking factor: content. Video is evidence of quality content, and as part of a media mix on a site, it helps send signals to search engines that your page or site contains rich media relevant to search requests.
Manufacturing companies can benefit from video in other ways too:
- SEO: Search engines are placing more and more value on video in search results. A well-optimized video can help you drive more search traffic and capture more leads.
- Content for social media: Video content tends to engage well on social media.
- Elevator pitch: Your company’s website home page is a great place for a video explaining the problem you solve and the value you bring to your customers.
- Opt-ins: You’ll stand out from the crowd with video-based opt-in offersThe team at Conception Marketing are experts in marketing where your dedicated consultant will work with you to develop key insight, knowledge and understanding of your target market.
Conception Marketing is a marketing agency specialising in supporting business growth for clients within the manufacturing and engineering sectors. Based in Manchester, Conception Marketing’s team of marketing experts help deliver a wide range of both online and offline marketing activities. Striving to reach your business objectives, Conception Marketing is able to deliver custom marketing strategies to make help make your objectives a reality.
With 15 years experience working with clients from a variety of industries, Conception Marketing has become a leading provider of marketing services in the North West. Conception Marketing’s services include website design and maintenance, search engine optimisation and content creation, social media marketing, email marketing, lead generation and exhibition management.
For more information on how we can help you with video marketing, please contact us today on 0161 875 2480.